Statewide Community Organizer
- The goal of this position is to engage more people in key areas of NC into taking action to prevent gun violence.
- This will be done through organizing gun violence prevention presentations, following up with people attending presentations, connecting with people already in the NCGV database, organizing with local faith leaders and faith bodies
- The organizer will work with both the NCGV Action Fund and the NCGV Education Fund.
- The salary is $17,200 for 20 hours a week for 40 weeks ($21.50/HR). This position may be extended if more money is raised for this project.
North Carolinians Against Gun Violence Education Fund’s mission is to make North Carolina safe from gun violence through the education of the public about preventing gun violence, enacting needs new laws and enforcing current laws. NCGV Education Fund is a 501c3 organization and was founded in 1993.
Recently we have been able to stop campus carry and the dismantling of our pistol purchase permitting system and concealed carry weapons permitting system. We are looking for a part time Community Organizer to help us further engage people on issues of gun violence prevention in North Carolina.
- Write annual workplan, goals & objectives, budget, and monthly progress report
- Professional development—take classes in areas of interest, attend conferences, etc.
- Support fundraising for program
- Stay current on gun violence prevention campaigns and share with staff and board as appropriate
- Maintain website content and conduct daily operation of social media channels
- Work with PTAs on the ASK campaign (Asking Saves Kids) and campus carry
- Follow up with people in our database and create a plan and timeline for those that want to volunteer with a goal to increase the number of active volunteers
- Work with our partner organizations to conduct educational presentations in key districts
- Create teams of people throughout the state that work on
- Gun free stickers
- ASK campaign
- Follow up with phone calls and emails for everyone who comes to the events to move them up the engagement ladder and get them on a team
- Work with university interns on reaching out to college students
North Carolinians Against Gun Violence Action Fund’s mission is to educate North Carolinians on the issue of gun violence. NCGV Action Fund is a 501c4 organization and was founded in 2018.
- Organize lobbying teams in each of the key legislative districts
- Organize supporters to attend a lobby day at the General Assembly
- Conduct follow-up conversations with congregations in key legislative districts and rural areas outside the triangle that have attended NCGV events
- Experience working with people of faith
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Direct impact and/or knowledge of gun violence
- Please email a resume and cover letter with the subject line “[Your Name] – Grassroots Organizer” to email@example.com. The cover letter should explicitly state how your experience and accomplishments fit with this position's requirements.
- No phone calls please. Initial screening for this position will begin on January 7, 2019. The position will be open until filled.